FAQ: Code Challenge: Aggregate Functions - Code Challenge 1

This community-built FAQ covers the “Code Challenge 1” exercise from the lesson “Code Challenge: Aggregate Functions”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Web Development
Data Science

FAQs on the exercise Code Challenge 1

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Why is it when I get stuck and ask for the solution, it gives me what is already on the screen? After I do the task and RUN it, an error comes up at the bottom. I ask for the SOLUTION, and it gives me the same answer I put up but then a green check is there. Did I do it wrong or right?

Before picking the solution, copy all your code and paste it into your text editor, then when the solution appears, copy and paste it, as well; then compare the two.

The difference can be subtle and in some cases almost trivial. The SCT has a limited range of checking options and is not exhaustive.

From my experience the learning environment interface is sometimes buggy and there is no sure fire way to get around it. I end up doing lots of refreshes, Reset, etc. Just be sure to have a copy on hand of your latest work so you have some place to restart from.

Thanks for the help, mtf. But seriously, right now, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I may be one of those people who can’t learn on their own. I may need a classroom. I mean, it seems to be going so slow and I feel as if I’m not learning anything. Any suggestions?