Experiencing an issue with the Express course

Hi, I am having an issue with the express course and I am not sure if I am the only one who is getting it, since I was unable to find any topics regarding it…

When I have started the course, on the second page which is “Starting a server” when I follow the steps and complete the code to start the server, and then add the “node app.js” in the console, I receive an error (it can been seen in the picture which I have attached to this topic.

As indicated in the picture, I can pass the this step, but this error keeps persisting when you send the request the information does not render in the browser, making it really hard to keep track and understand what’s going on.

Would you please advise? Am I the only one who is having this issue?

Link to the course: https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/javascript-back-end-development/modules/learn-express-routes/lessons/learn-express-routes/exercises/starting-a-server

Did you hit the ‘Check Work’ button?

If not, do it. If you did so, Report the bug in the course so it hopefully can be fixed, and move on the next lesson since you got it right.

I hope this helps =)

Hi, sorry for the late response,

yes, the “check work” button works and I can continue with the next lesson, but this is having a huge problem with the learning of the CRUD in general. If you are unable to visualize what you have done, more or less the code you’ve just written is next to meaningless.

Thanks for the response tho,
hope they fix it soon.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)