Exercises 6. and 8. - Common problems

3 posts were split to a new topic: 6. I can't figure out where the mistake is

just copy the url that includes the exercise then paste it in your code (remeber must be .html) and that's all i dont know why but that works for me

What exactly is it that happens that you "don't know why"? These are basic, beginner exercises and if you don't know why then you'd better find out!

7 posts were split to a new topic: 6. is there anything wrong with this code?

Keep on getting an error message for .6, and I can't figure out what's wrong with my code. Checked all of these troubleshooting suggestions.
Here's my code:

<head>
  <link href="http://s3.amazonaws.com/codeacademy-content/courses/ltp/css/shift.css"
    rel="stylesheet">
    <link href="main.css" rel="stylesheet">
  </head>

I don't think that you checked this one:

Make sure your link to shift.css works.

2 posts were split to a new topic: 8. Can someone please tell me what's wrong?

2 posts were split to a new topic: 4. The large preview box on the right side of the screen just stays blank

A post was split to a new topic: 5. It keeps saying to put it to 500px even though i did

A post was merged into an existing topic: 3. It keeps saying to put it to 500px even though i did

did they find a solution yet because i'm stuck now with the same problem

Hi Romeo,

Everyone that has taken the time to do the troubleshooting has found a solution. Did you work through the checklist of possible problems yet?

10 posts were split to a new topic: 6. it says inside the head element include the linke element for the custom font?

A post was split to a new topic: Can someone help me understand this?

A post was split to a new topic: 2. Hey guys can you please view my code and see what i have done wrong?

i did the trouble shooting and the link opens up but stil stuck

In that case, your next steps are to post these:

1. All of your CSS code -- that means everything in your main.css file
  2. The <head> ... </head> from your index.html file

Here is a link describing how to post code in this forum

5 posts were split to a new topic: 6. I have a problem in lesson 6, but I don't see it

2 posts were split to a new topic: 8. i am a little confused on what to do in exercise 8

5 posts were split to a new topic: I've been trying to correct the font-family for lesson 8