Exercise 19 Validation Bug?

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-TlhFi/3/1?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

I can enter the requested lines for the exercise in the CSS stylesheet and leave the 'div' out entirely, and my code still validates as correct.
EDIT: Previously had the 'div' in angle brackets which left it unrendered. Question didn't make much sense without it.

background-color: #CC0000;
height: 100px;
width: 100px;

Not a bug, just a lenient lesson check. So long as the style is rendering and you are satisfied that the CSS is correct as instructed, then let this one go.

I could see that, and that's fine. Just thought it was worth mentioning because without that 'div' and it's brackets, nothing renders. I nearly forgot I needed to use it. Guess it works out ok though as long as the user realizes that it's supposed to display something, and isn't. Assuming that, might even be a good reminder opportunity as someone who's really motivated would likely go back to a previous lesson and compare to find out why theirs isn't working.

I suppose I just wanted to point it out in case it wasn't intended behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.