Exercise 10 Methods says error "Did you create the run method? Place it between the bark and main method." and won't let me pass

Error message blocks proceeding with the exercise, however the code works correctly.
Link to the exercise:

The following error message appears after clicking Run button:
"Did you create the run method? Place it between the bark and main method."

class Dog {

int age;

public Dog(int dogsAge) {

age = dogsAge;

}

public void bark() {

System.out.println("Woof!");

}
  public void run(int feet) {

System.out.println("Your dog ran " + feet + " feet!");  

}

public static void main(String[] args) {

Dog spike = new Dog(5);
    spike.bark();
    spike.run(40);

}

}

For whatever reason there's a whole lot of pattern matching going on in that track. Never mind whether the code meets what's asked for. The pattern you're looking to match is:

/[Oo][Oo][Ff]\s*!?\s*"\s*\)\s*;\s*\}\s*public\s+void\s+run\(\s*\)\s*\{\s*\}\s*public\s+static/

You can paste in the pattern and your code at https://regex101.com/ to investigate where it isn't matching

You might start by fixing your formatting though, your code should be more tidy than what you have there.

I am having the same issue as the above poster, and even after clicking the "get code" button the code isn't working.

Hi Jonatan, thank you so much for quick answer.
However I am afraid that I not fully understand it. You are saying about formatting, however it works correctly in the previous steps, so when I have added two additional rows of code, how could it affect its work? More over, the error message is displayed even after clicking Get Code button.
I compared my code with the example from the exercise, it looks similar.

Thanks in advance,
Olga

Hi, I have bypassed the issue by the following steps:
A. Delete code rows which were added in this step (10/13)
B. Follow the instructions in the Step 1 and click Run button
C. Follow the instructions in the Step 2 and click Run button
and so on
Proceed to the last step and click Run after completing each step.

Hope this will help.

(The reason of my issue was that I clicked Run button after completing all the steps, not one by one)

Regards,
Olga

Oh, thank you so much!!
I did it and it worked!

Very helpful thanks!

Olga,

What added code rows do you mean in "A", the ones the provide you when you ask for the code? It is not working for me.

Cheers,

Hi,

I deleted the code previously added by myself on this page (the 10th page from 13). Then began to execute steps from Step 1 till 4 one by one not forgetting to click on Run button after each step.

Regards,
Olga

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.