Exercíe 6, CSS Structure

I have seen this same question posted before but there were no solution so here we go again.

The problem:

Exercise’s Quesiton:
1.In style.css, add the universal selector. Inside of the selector’s body, set the font-family to Georgia.

What I did:

• {
    font-family:georgia;
    }

I did see the font changed to Georgia in the preview pane, however, i keep getting the error “Did you change the font of all elements to Georgia?”

Thanks.

1- He said “add the universal selector”, but he didn’t say anything to put in so we will keep it empty :

* {
}

2- “Inside of the selector’s body, set the font-family to Georgia” :

body {
}
1 Like

Same problem here! I have it like that. Ran it 3 times, it asks if I want the code. I pressed the option to get the code, and it still looks the same like when I wrote it, and it still gets the error code.

* {
  font-family: Arial;
}

Is the example given in the lesson. It might be worth noting that the font is capitalized and there is a space in between. Also make sure you put it as its own and not under the h1 or p or h1, p.

• {
    font-family: Georgia;
    }

still an error

It offers to give you the answer after failing three times and the given answer is still wrong! It’s a problem in the instruction.

you used the dot symbol though not the *

• No I didn’t, it just came here with the font used.

well then lets look at your whole code. Paste it all in here that might help with somethings as well. And there might be a chance its a bug since it is still a relatively new course however I have passed this lesson and I know many others have so it still could be an error on the learner’s part

• {
    font-family: Georgia;
    }

h1, p {
color: DarkSlateGray;
}

p {
font-size: 18px;
}

First off, you seem to be completely missing the FireBrick part from earlier lesson. If you do not have all the components of previous lessons I doubt it will let you pass even if font-family is right.

Try redoing it? I did the FireBrick, ran it and it dissapeared. But that’s not the problem. The error is “Did you change the font of all elements to Georgia?”. I pressed get the code and that’s what I got and it should be correct. And I wouldn’t had gotten there if I had missed the FireBrick. And noticing I’m clearly not the only one with this problem, it must be with the instructions. Maybe it doesn’t even want Georgia…

Well it is a problem if you do not have it but anyhow. This is the code I have. You seem to have everything right and know it all so just try copying and pasting this into your screen. But I believe you need FireBrick in there. Most of the time if I have a part disappear on me and its in the previous lesson I hit run the code on the current lesson I am on then go back to the previous lesson and then go back to the current lesson and it appears.

h1 {
  color: FireBrick;
}
p {
  font-size: 18px;
}
h1, p {
  color: DarkSlateGray;
}
* {
}

I copypasted your code and I got the error again.
Did you change the font of all elements to Georgia?

well for a last try change the font-family:georgia; to font-family: Georgia; for that same code

Oh I’ve tried. I even tried Arial in case the instruction writer had a brain fart but no I’m not getting anywhere.

I mean the “Get Code” button gives me a result that after running still shows up as wrong.

Found the solution:

Clear your browser’s cache then redo the exercise

Should work for you.

Or if that doesn’t work at all, try doing the exercise on a different browser.

1 Like

and if that doesn’t work try on another browser or computer to pass the lesson.

Thank you so much!
Switching from Mozilla to Chrome solved it :thumbsup:

1 Like