ExecTimeoutException: Program took too long to terminate

Hello, I’ve been learning Pyhton and since I joined to CodaAcademy, It always appears an error when I want to input something.

Now I’m stuck because if I don’t input on my code, I won’t be able to continue.

Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!
Enter a word:Traceback (most recent call last):
File “python”, line 4, in
ExecTimeoutException: Program took too long to terminate

It was the error, Could anyone help me?

Thanks.

Hi @danielamontoya540302, welcome to the forum.

That’s helpful. It’d be more useful, though, if we also had the code you ran to produce that error.

The Codecademy forum provides a quick and easy way to post properly-formatted code. All you need to do is look for the </> icon in the menu bar which appears at the top of the text box while you type.

capture

Press Enter to go to a blank line, click that icon, and you will see this:

capture_r

Just copy and paste your code directly from the editor into that highlighted portion, and all of the nicely-readable formatting will be preserved! Moreover, it will be in a format that can be directly copied and pasted into an IDE for testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I have the same exact issue when working on the Python 2 course Pig Latin Translator lesson. The error I get is “ExecTimeoutException: Program took too long to terminate.”

Here is a snippet of my code directly from the online editor:

print 'Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!'

# Start coding here!
original = raw_input("Enter a word:")

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using chrome and have disabled my browser extensions.

Did you provide the requested input to your program, or did you just leave it sitting there?

I clicked on the black console and typed a single word, which did not appear in the console, and then hit enter. Are we supposed to see what we are typing in the console?

Try clicking in the console a few times or even on the actual cursor. It’s a bit buggy but it’ll eventually work :slight_smile: Just had to deal with the same issue.

3 Likes

I just tried clicking on the actual cursor and got it to work. Thanks!