Excursion project

Hello, I am stuck on the excursion project I am stuck on step 8. My repository won’t update I was even following the youtube video and it wasn’t working video link down below.
Here is what I typed into the terminal after I had linked and had a successful commit already.
$ git add .

$ git commit -m “HTML”

Which the terminal responded with:
On branch master
nothing to commit, working tree clean

Link to projecthttps://www.codecademy.com/paths/learn-how-to-build-websites/tracks/finishing-touches-and-publishing-a-website/modules/git-and-publishing-to-github-pages/projects/f1-excursion

When you say you already had a successful commit and then executed git add . followed by git commit etc. did you make any changes to your files? That response means there’s no observable changes between the commit you’re currently attempting and the previous one.

After the initial commit I added boilerplate code to the html and tried to execute git add . and git commit. Overall I had 16 new lines of code.

Were those changes definitely saved in your editor?
If not does git ls-files actually list all the files you expect. Is your file saved to the same directory as the repo?

I had saved the changes. I ended up using git pull–rebase and then it was able to see the changes after I did add and commit again. Thank you for your help