Error when trying to push the branch out to the remote repository

Hi guys,

Im trying to push a branch out to the remote repository using Github CLI as part of a tutorial Im going through but I get the following message:

leonardoragazini@Leonardos-MacBook-Pro workflows % git push --set-upstream “add-auto-tests”
fatal: ‘add-auto-tests’ does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
leonardoragazini@Leonardos-MacBook-Pro workflows %

I’ve tried entering the name of the repository I forked from (which is actually “add-automated-tests-off-platform-project”) since I don’t recall having a repo called “add-auto-tests” (I only entered this name because the tutorial tells me to…).

Any help? Am I missing something?

btw the link to the repo is: GitHub - ragazini/add-automated-tests-off-platform-project
and to the tutorial is: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-git/articles/github-actions-tutorial-on-automated-testing

=================================
UPDATE

It took me about 2-3 hours to realise that the tutorial missed the word “origin” when pushing it. So, instead of $ git push --set-upstream “add-auto-tests”, I should’ve entered the command $ git push --set-upstream origin “add-auto-tests” :roll_eyes:

Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.