Error MSB4018 - The Object of Your Affection

I am completely new to coding. I am completing the Learn C# course. I have reached “Objects and Classes - Project - The Object of Your Affection”. I reach Step 3 and can run the Program with “dotnet run” and receive the intentional error output. I reach the end of Step 6 and hit the “Run” button in the code editing window, then type “dotnet run” into the terminal window. I receive the following error:

$ dotnet run
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018: The "GenerateRuntimeConfigurationFiles" task failed unexpectedly. [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/bin/Debug/netcoreapp2.2/DatingProfile.runtimeconfig.dev.json'. [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.FileStream.OpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.File.Create(String path) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.NET.Build.Tasks.GenerateRuntimeConfigurationFiles.WriteToJsonFile(String fileName, Object value) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.NET.Build.Tasks.GenerateRuntimeConfigurationFiles.WriteDevRuntimeConfig(IList`1 packageFolders) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.NET.Build.Tasks.GenerateRuntimeConfigurationFiles.ExecuteCore() [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.NET.Build.Tasks.TaskBase.Execute() [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.410/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.targets(286,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask) [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-dating-profile/DatingProfile.csproj]

The build failed. Fix the build errors and run again.

Nothing from this point on works in a way I can identify. I commented out or completely deleted the code I entered step by step until I am back at Step 1. I would Save and dotnet run at each Step to try to find the code that broke it. I get the same wall of errors. I reset the Workspace with the reset button. After resetting, but before entering any code of my own, I Save and dotnet run. Same wall of errors. I have logged out and closed the browser window. Log back in, same errors. Changed computers. Same errors. Switched between Incognito and regular in Chrome. Same errors.

Once every 7-8 attempts after logging out, closing browser windows, I can use “dotnet run” only once and it will work. But the second time I try to use it, it will spit out the error message wall. Once the error occurs, it will persist no matter what code I have entered. I am going to include my code for Step 6 below when the issues first occurred:
Program.cs

using System;

namespace DatingProfile
{
  class Program
  {
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {
      Profile sam = new Profile("Sam Drakkila", 30, "New York", "USA");  
    }
  }
}