Error Message Lesson 8 HTML Basics II


#1

Hello, I'm Dora, 53 yrs old, ex homemaker for 27 yrs. Programming was my minor in college a LONG time ago. I want to give it a try again.
The error I'm receiving is
"Oops, try again. Did you set the first paragraph's font-size to 10px? It looks like it's 12px. (If you're getting a weird decimal font size, check the Hint.)"
This is my code:

<p style="font-size: 10px"> Some text for you to make tiny! </p>
		<p style="font-size: 20px"> Some text for you to make normal size!</p>
		<p style="font-size: 40px"> Some text for you to make super big!</p>

Thank you in advance, Dora


#2

That did not do the trick. I copied and pasted. ???


#3

sounds like a minimum font-size problem, do a google search:
disable minimum font-size chrome

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard


#4

Thank you, now, I just need to translate what you just said : / I'll get there.


#5
	<p style="font-size: 10px"> Some text for you to make tiny! </p>
	<p style="font-size: 20px"> Some text for you to make normal size!</p>
	<p style="font-size: 40px"> Some text for you to make super big!</p>

Like this?


#6

Yes, you successfully formatted your code


#7

I'm using Safari, so what would the problem be?


#8

THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT.
Why does my website’s font-size appear larger on other screens? Or why does it not appear as intended?

A minimum font-size of 12px is set for Chrome users with a special, foreign UI locale (language) - e.g. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai etc. If however, the font-size for any content on your website is set to a value that is less than 12px, it will automatically be resized to 12px. WebKit - the web browser engine behind Chrome which handles the parsing and layout of websites - however, does support font-sizes of 12px and under. Indeed, for most UI locales, Chrome has set the minimum font-size to 1px (simply: anything smaller will be resized to 1px). The way Chrome behaves when dealing with special UI locales may become problematic for web designs relying heavily on magic numbers or typography. Indeed, other users and developers seem to be raising similar concerns about this behaviour and its adverse impact:


#9

Well, 80%-90% of the people here who get this error message use chrome, the other 10%-20% use chrome, in that case the search should be:
disable minimum font-size safari
I assumed that if you used a different browser, it makes sense to replace the browser name in the search query


#10

Hi, I'm the new one here. I tried to write the same code as velazquezdeyahoo.com and it doesn't work. Next I copied his code and it doesn't work again.
Where should I look for the problem? I use Firefox.


#11

#12

please make a new topic, this one is really old