Error Message For No Reason

CSS Positioning lesson See It to Believe It.

I have typed in the code for the lesson and it keeps giving me an error message that says "Oops, try again. It looks like your border-color isn't #0000FF." The code is right. I used an advisor and after a few attempts she basically said she doesn't know to use the troubleshooting forum post. It showed clear on her side. I went through the troubleshooting forum. I did everything in there as well. I reset zoom (though I never changed it), checked for software updates (everything up to date), cleared cache, and tried different browsers (chrome, explorer). I also tried the code two different ways. I even copy and pasted the code the "advisor" gave. Still giving me the error message. I have skipped forward to the other ones, but need to have this step cleared, so the lesson will be cleared. Frustrated doesn't even begin to explain it.

The original code and "advisor" code. 

*{
    border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
    }

also tried like this 

* {
    border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
    }

can i see your html code?

You could try the different property's, but i don't think it matters

I have the same problem. I even tried to do this:

• {
    border-width: 1px;
    border-style: dashed;
    border-color: #0000FF;
    }

None of the different types of css helped to get rid of the error message. It keeps saying "Oops, try again. It looks like your border-width isn't 1px." I am sure the styling code is right, but there is no way to complete this session.

I tried to target properties separately such as body, h3, img.. It still keeps giving the error message.

This is the HTML code:

sounds like a browser zoom issue, try setting the zoom to 100% or try a different browser. You do see the border in the output window? Otherwise your <link> might be broken

I was seeing the border in the result window, yes. Now changing my zoom and setting it back to 100% helped!

Thank you so much

I am having the exact same issue... Browser zoom is set to 100%

It seems like a bug to me...

Any ideas?

Thank you, JL.

please make a new topic, use the template to make a good topic and you will get help

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.