Error: Lost connection to Codecademy

I would try the programming language HTML but then this error came: ‘Lost connection to Codecademy’. Does someone knows a solution?

Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
Browser: Google Chrome

I don’t use any VPN or something.

Please help me and others with this problem.

5 Likes

I am having the same issue with the Python course.

Edit: I have tried switching browsers, restarting browsers and clearing cache.

2 Likes

Same here, with Python and Ruby courses. I am a high school computer teacher, and the problem is happening for all users over various platforms. We’re stymied!

1 Like

Dear all,
I found the problem:
I have this problem at school, at home it just works. Probably is it the firewall of the school/work where you are.
To solve, someone has to add this domains:
www.codecademy.com
external-production.codecademy.com
cdn-production.codecademy.com
terminal.com
herokuapp.com
cdn.mxpnl.com
If im right, it does work now

3 Likes

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have this problem too since today (before, it was working fine) and I don’t use any firewall :frowning:

4 Likes

Same here since this morning!

3 Likes

I have had the same problem since today, too!

3 Likes

Im getting same. half way through HTML course working all ok then connection lost. Cleaned all history and chache. Tried different explorers and reset internet connection. Also tried from a different server so cannot be problem this end. Has codecademy servers gone down

4 Likes

I have same problem since today. Yesterday, it was OK.

3 Likes

seems a problem with codecademy, i have put a help ticked into them hopefully someone get back to me

4 Likes

Same problem being faced here. console has 500 error of Websocket. Hope it gets fixed soon!

4 Likes

same problem here. couldnt connect to codecademy in the middle of a javascript course.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue! yesterday it was okay. please fix the problem my beloved devs! I’m really enjoying learning codes and I can’t wait to learn more!!:sob:

3 Likes

I’m relieved to hear this is a widespread issue and not something happening on our end. Really hope this gets resolved ASAP

3 Likes

same issue. please fix this codecademy asap.

3 Likes

I have the same problem as well, just reported it. Hope it get fixed soon, as I’m quite excited to continue programming :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  • POST xxx net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
  • GET xxx?id=xxx&l=dataLayer net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
  • GET https://stats.g.doubleclick.net/r/collect?t=xxx net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
  • GET https://bam.nr-data.net/1/xxx net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
  • WebSocket connection to ‘wss://workshop.cc-propeller.com/api/v1/socket/connect/?X-Codecademy-User-Id=xxx&X-Codecademy-User-AuthToken=xxx&X-Codecademy-Workspace=welcome-write-some-code&X-Codecademy-EncryptedKey=xxx’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 500

lol :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The same here. Until yesterday, everything was fine, now there is no connection.

1 Like

Same issue for me… :worried:

1 Like

Same Issue with the python course. This is a tad funny I must say I mean I am trying to refresh on some basics but it seems that codeacademy has issues with its basics xD.

1 Like