Error in linking the same page

Here it is not redirecting to link in the same page.
Help me in identifying the error .Same happens to about and contact

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
	<link rel='stylesheet' href='style.css'/>
	<script src='script.js'></script>
	<title>My first Blog</title>
</head>
<body>
    <div class="introduction">
        <h1>Technoboom</h1>

<h3 id="tagline">Where the sky is the Zenith..</h3>
        <ol>
            <li><a href="#about">About</a></li>
            <li><a href="#events">Events</a></li>
            <li><a href="#contact">Contact us</a></li>
        </ol>
    </div>
    <div class="description">
        <h1 id="about">About</h1>
        <p>Technoboom is an IT Department Students Association that is being monitored by Mrs.P.V.Venkateswaramma and Mrs.M.Deepthi. This club provides the students a platform to showcase their talents. Many Technical and Non-Technical events are conducted so as to provide the students with some extra curricular activities. An event is conducted every week and students are persuated to participate in the events, the main goal of these activities is to help the students discover themselves,to develop leadership qualities,to understand how to work in a team,acquire skills,become competent ,to learn time management and also to become proficient. These activities are mainly aimed at training the students to face any challenge they are confronted with in the mere future. This is a process of teaching the values in a friendly manner.Finally the winners of the events are encouraged by giving them prices on the main day i.e., Traditional Day of IT Department. 
        </p>
    </div>
    <div >
        <h1 id="events">Events</h1>
        <nav>
             <ul>
                <li>Technical Quiz</li>
                <li>Simple Chef</li>
                <li>Technical wordBuzz</li>
                <li>Race Against Time</li>
                <li>Technical Crossword</li>
            </ul>
        </nav>
    </div>
    <div class="sub events">
        <h2>Technical Quiz</h2>
        <p>A set of 20 technical questions will be given which consists of both multiple choice questions and fill in the blanks .The time limit is 20 minutes and they one with most correct answers is awarded the prize.</p>
        <h2 >Simple Chef</h2>
        <p>Simple Chef is all about cooking onspot with materials brought from home and no fire.The Participants are supposed to make all items in half an hour. The theme is 'Health and Presentation'.Its team size is two. </p>
        <h2>Race against time</h2>
        <p>Here an example of a simple craft will be shown and the participating teams must replicate the same craft and make multiple copies of it. They need to efficiently utilize their time  in 20 minutes and the one with most number of copies is judged as winner.</p>
    </div>
    <div id="contact">
        <h2>call </h2>
        <p>lasyajalskdlsa</p>
    </div>
</body>
</html>

there is a problem with your h1 heading:

<h1 >Events</h1 <!-- missing > -->

uhm… i don’t see elements with id about, events and contact? You need them if you want to link to elements on the same page

corrected it.
I have written id for div so when i select event it should show me the whole section .
Similarly i have written for contact and about

If you want help, you must provide all the code i need to replicate the problem, otherwise i can’t help

currently the divs with the ids are not included, which i need to see what the problem is

i have edited the post.
it contains the whole code now.

so i put your code here

and if you click the links, its jumping to the correct sections. What is the problem?

I did this in codecademy project and there when i select run its not working.

the project might use an iframe to display the output, not the right place to test what you want to achieve

Thanks!! :smiley:
Solved my problem.