'Error - Access denied' on the 'Chore Door' Project

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to start the ‘Chore Door’ Project but all the image-links as well as the link to the actual finished game won’t work for me.
I keep getting the following message when I try to click on one of the links the project provides:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied

Access Denied "

… and so on. Does anyone know whether there is a problem on my end (and if yes how to fix it) or is there a problem with the project itself? I already tried restarting the browser, clearing the browser history and so on.

Appreciate your help

Hello, welcome to the forums!

Would you mind sharing a link to that exercise please? :slight_smile:

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Sure, sorry about that: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/build-interactive-websites/projects/chore-door

Thanks!

Unfortuantely I’m getting the same error so it seems like an issue on Codecademy’s end, I’ve moved this thread into the bug reporting category so hopefully it’ll be fixed fairly soon! :smile:

I’d say probably best just to skip over that particular project for now and come back to it when it works.

Happy coding!

1 Like

Alright thank you very much for your time!

1 Like

No problem!

I did a little bit of testing myself and unfortunately it seems to be a little more widespread than just that project, but I’ve passed it on and hopefully we can expect a fix soon!

I guess it’s a good opportunity to do a little offsite practice, eh? :smile:

Happy coding!

1 Like

It works now (for me), thank you again for passing it on so fast! :blush:

1 Like