Electric Mouse project text pop-ups not disappearing and overlapping

In the Electric Mouse project (https://www.codecademy.com/paths/create-video-games-with-phaser/tracks/game-dev-learn-javascript-objects/modules/game-dev-project-objects/projects/electric-mouse) I have completed the steps as instructed, and the game works as intended, however whenever I click an action, all the text pop ups (for playerMove, computerMove, health bars and information) all stay on the screen indefinitely, then overlapping for every action taken instead of replacing the old. I can’t seem to find anything in the project I’ve done wrong, when looking at the hints, is that some sort of bug with the project itself or did I mess something up?

Here’s one of the button logic snippets, for example:

// Attack button logic:
    gameState.attackButton.on('pointerup', () => {
      this.pauseIdle()
      if (game.input.enabled) {
        // Add your code for Electric Mouse attacking below:
        let randomMove = Math.floor(Math.random() * 3);
        if (randomMove === 0)
        {
          //Enemy attacks
          gameState.computerSprite.anims.play(gameState.computer.name + "Attack");
          gameState.computerMove = this.add.text(320, 140, `${gameState.computer.name} attacks!`, style);
          gameState.player.health--;
          gameState.computer.health--;
          gameState.information = this.add.text(140, 80, `Both lose 1 HP!`, style);
        } else if (randomMove === 1)
        {
          //Enemy defends
          gameState.computerSprite.anims.play(gameState.computer.name + "Defend");
          gameState.computerMove = this.add.text(320, 140, `${gameState.computer.name} defends!`, style);
          gameState.player.health--;
          gameState.information = this.add.text(140, 80, `${gameState.player.name} loses 1 HP!`, style);
        } else
        {
          //Enemy uses special attack
          gameState.computerSprite.anims.play(gameState.computer.name + "Special");
          gameState.computerMove = this.add.text(320, 140, `${gameState.computer.name} uses Special Attack!`, style);
          gameState.computer.health -= 5;
          gameState.information = this.add.text(140, 80, `${gameState.player.name} loses 5 HP!`, style);
        };
        gameState.player.sprite.anims.play("playerAttack");
        gameState.playerMove = this.add.text(65, 14, `${gameState.player.name} attacks the ${gameState.computer.name}!`, style);
        gameState.playerHealthBar = this.add.text(45, 45, `HP : ${gameState.player.health}`, style);
        gameState.computerHealthBar = this.add.text(375, 45, `HP : ${gameState.computer.health}`, style);
      }
    });