Edu Free Pro Account

Does this site offer a free pro account for teachers? I'm trying to teach myself programming so that I can teach at my high school next year.

Hi Carlos,

I don't think Codecademy will give anyone a free Pro account, no matter what their reason. You might be able to get your school to cover the cost of your Pro account, though.
And don't forget, a normal account works great for learning too!

As @zystvan said, you're not going to be able to get a paid account for free, but you might be able to get the school to pay if it is used for teaching children. Don't forget that the free account is just as good for learning as the paid one, and you can still pass on your new knowledge just as easily.

I appreciate your answers but I need an answer from Codecademy. I only posted here because I tried e-mailing them and got a response to post my question here, I guess one day Codecademy will answer. To answer the question of my school paying? The reality is that many school districts don't have money, and unfortunately I'm in one of them. In my district they don't even have enough money to buy us paper and supplies, I have to go out and buy my own. Yes we get a small tax break if we go out and buy things for our classroom, I already used that up earlier this year. Do you really think they're going to pay a monthly subscription for me? Not going to happen. I understand the potential of using the free account, I've been using it for the last 2 weeks.

The rationale, when publishers give us educators free access to all their books and learning materials we recommend them to our districts and bookstores, why not Codecademy? I also work part-time teaching in a college and have educator access to Cengage and Pearson publishers.

Codecademy, please chime in anytime.

Thanks.

Hello @afmsgt

Unfortunately, our Codecademy Pro product is so new that we do not offer any sort of EDU specials or discounts. We really value our students and teachers and we would love to be able to offer this sort of thing at one point in the future. At this point in time, it is too young and we are using our Pro Product to keep the free product, free and scale our company so we can continue to keep our free products.

We don't want to leave teachers empty handed though! We have a teacher only Category here on our forum to get support from other teachers, community members and Codecademy staff. When you post questions, bugs, concerns and ideas there, we take note of them, prioritize them and relay them to our product and engineering team.

Thank you,
AlexB
-Codecademy Community Manager

Hi @alexcommunitymgr

I'd love the idea of a teacher area here, but the link above to http://discuss.codecademy.com/c/teachers is broken. Will you get it going?

Thanks

Chris

Seems to be working now.

:grinning:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Teachers forum

Can the codecademy people just like take away that because i need pro to continue my java course but my parents won't do it plz