Echo chatbot not repeating user input

Hello,

I’ve just started the course “Build Chatbots with Python” and I am currently on module one first project where I can build a basic echo chatbot. However after trying few different attempts, the chatbot does not repeat the user input - it just stops on “You said”.

I’m entering the following code: -

greeting = (“Hi there User 1”)
print(greeting)
print(“I will repeat after you”)
stuff_to_echo = input(“I love furry puppets”)
print("You said: " + stuff_to_echo)

after this I enter python3 script.py as per instructions but this is the following output I receive: -

Hi there User 1
I will repeat after you
I love furry puppets
You said:

Please help! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!!

1 Like

Hey and welcome to the forums! :wave:

It doesn’t look like an issue with your code as after a quick test it works just fine for me:
Would you mind sharing a link to the exercise/environment you were running the code in?

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me !!

This is the link for Codecademy: -

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/build-chatbots-with-python/tracks/introduction-to-python-and-chatbots/modules/welcome-to-chatbots-and-python-syntax/projects/python-echo-chatbot

Can you share your code with me? I can see “test” has been executed as it should

Much appreciated, thank you! :smiley:

I tried with the code you provided above and it seems happy-

Hi there User 1
I will repeat after you
I love furry puppetstest
You said: test

The bit with “test” was written in the terminal on the right when it was waiting for user input on the puppets line (t-e-s-t followed by enter).

1 Like

Fabulous, thank you so much for taking your time to test this out!
I’m glad that there’s nothing wrong with my code (I was racking my brain for the past 2 days thinking I missed something!)
Much appreciated :raised_hands:
I can finally move on! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.