Doubt about game development

Hi!
I learnt html css and javascript a year ago, but i didn’t know what to do after that, so i started on react, in the end, i realized you cannot make games with react and it is very very bad for game dev and i hadn’t got any ideas for apps too.

So i went slack into programming and i had achieved nothing. But a few jsx lines.

I wanted to create apps and stuff like that when i grow to start my company and so on…

But now i want to create games, over the time, i didn’t revised these three but i have still basic knowledgeof html i mean the semantic, the tags basic like div, basic methods like id placeholder, forms… you know stuff like that. I have a basic just the basic knowledge of css too.

Im telling this cuz this is important. As for javascript, i still know about the variables, scoping, if else, functions, objects, arrays, classes and… idk. Alright i lack a lot knowledge of javascript Dom. And when i see other codes that includes dom in other tutorials, i get scared. And in my course which i have done ( Imma a poor little kiddo jk :D). I couldn’t afford neither my parents paid courses. My javascript knowledge is slack mainly because of DOM.

Now the main talk -

I want to do game development with app development too. I heard javascript is not much too good for game dev, but i heard about java. So, i am currently thinking of these two things.

Javascript and phaser

Java and libgdx.

I know i could create apps too with java. I have a basic knowledge of js. And idk what to do now. I couldn’t make a decision. Can you guys help me?

I want to creat3 both 2d 3d games with apps too.

And answer this question too -

If you had almost 10 months only for doing this stuff and learning all you have no money for programming and want to become a app store / play store / opera store and that developer, you want to creare apps, games in 2d and 3d. And you have the situation above which i have stated.What would you do in this situation?

I would thank the person infintely.

:pleading_face::grinning::heart:

If you had almost 10 months only for doing this stuff and learning all you have no money for programming and want to become a app store / play store / opera store and that developer, you want to creare apps, games in 2d and 3d. And you have the situation above which i have stated.What would you do in this situation?

Hey amazingmathsworld864!
I remember to have answered a similar question from you few days ago.
Did you check out courses on Unity or Unreal Engine?
Both are free to download and there is a lot of free teaching material too.

About the DOM API you shouldn’t be scared. Is super easy to manipulate the DOM. About this check out this guide on MDN.

Good luck!

I guess i’ll learn c++

1 Like