Don't mind this post there was something wrong with code academy that won't let me type everything

I’m making a website project for my class. I had the teacher download notepad++ and I plan to send her the my code. I tried to use this code (on notepad++) on my images in order to give it a nicer effect:

<script>
        $(document).ready(function() {
    $("img").mouseenter(function() { 
        $("img").fadeTo("fast", 1);
    });

$('img').mouseleave(function() { 
        $('img').fadeTo("fast",0)
    });
});

</script>

The problem is that it doesn’t work on any of my images. By the way they are in a <table>. When I used the same code on code academy though it worked on my images. Is there a difference between Notepad++ and Code academy? Also, is there a way to use this jQuery code only to affect one image at a time?

(Code academy didn’t log the rest of my question for some reason, here’s the rest. It continues from where it last left off.)

The problem is that it doesn’t work on any of my images. By the way they are in a

. When I used the same code on code academy though it worked on my images. Is there a difference between Notepad++ and Code academy? Also, is there a way to use this jQuery code only to affect one image at a time?

"
(document).ready(function() { (“img”).mouseenter(function() {
$(“img”).fadeTo(“fast”, 1);
});

$('img').mouseleave(function() { 
    $('img').fadeTo("fast",0)
});

});

</script>"

The problem is that it doesn’t work on any of my images. By the way they are in a

. When I used the same code on code academy though it worked on my images. Is there a difference between Notepad++ and Code academy? Also, is there a way to use this jQuery code only to affect one image at a time

Did you include jquery in notepad? Please post your full code so we can actually help you