Do I need to learn how to set up environment for this Lodash project if I want to do it on my own computer?

I’m completely new to programming, and I’m not sure how to set up environments, and I’m not sure if I need to set it up. I tried to run the node on the VSC terminal but it didn’t seem to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? Please and thank you!

Edit: This is what the error looks like.

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/full-stack-engineer-career-path/tracks/fscp-javascript-syntax-part-ii/modules/fecp-practice-javascript-syntax-arrays-loops-objects-iterators/projects/lodash

Hi,

Well, the answer to that is actually what they say in the exercise itself, here:

You have the choice of writing this project within the Codecademy environment to the right or locally on your own computer by downloading the starting code…
Feel free to proceed in whichever environment you are most comfortable with.

Yes, that seems like a combination of a couple of factors. First of all, you will need to install Node. Also, to be honest this is more personal preference, but I find it more friendly and helpful to use Git Bash instead of Windows Command Prompt. The commands themselves are all different in the latter, and I have bad memory, so I prefer to stick to one. :slight_smile:

And one last thing (if you choose to proceed this way), you will need to “tell VSC” to use Git Bash as your terminal, like this.

Yet again, if you still don’t feel comfortable doing that or you think it’s still too early (only you can determine that), you can just doing on CC’s environment and leave that for later (although in your computer it is going to be easier to debug).

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply. I finally got it through your response, I was stuck for a bit till I realized I needed to restart my VSC after setting Git Bash as default. If anyone else has the same problem as me, please also visit this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.