Displaying Title

How do I print the titles for the chart?
I thought of:
print("{0:10s} {1:10s} {2:10s} {3:10s} {4:10s}".format(“Taxable”, “Single”, “Married”, “Married”, “Head of”))
print("{0:10s} {1:10s} {2:10s} {3:10s} {4:10s}".format(“Income”, “”, “Joint”, “Separate”, “a House”))

Is there a more concise way to display for example “Taxable Income” in the same space 10s with “Income” under “Taxable” and the same for the other titles?

26 AM

Without any additional library support, such as tablulate, what you have is adequate enough. Not sure what the 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 are doing though. The code works fine without them (in the interactive console, anyway)…

>>> print("{:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s}".format("Taxable", "Single", "Married", "Married", "Head of"));print("{:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s}".format("Income", "", "Joint", "Separate", "a House"))
Taxable    Single     Married    Married    Head of   
Income                Joint      Separate   a House   
>>> 

Sorry, about that. The 0,1,2,3,4… supposed to be indexes of the things inside .format()

Also, I noticed in your code:

print("{:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s}".format(“Taxable”, “Single”, “Married”, “Married”, “Head of”));print("{:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s} {:10s}".format(“Income”, “”, “Joint”, “Separate”, “a House”))

That there’s a semi cool between the two prints --> print();print(). What is the semicolon doing?

It is a statement separator so that both statements can be entered at once, thus not interfering with the output. In code, this wouldn’t be necessary but I was using the interactive console.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.