Did you write a console.log with the variable mailBoxNumber in it after the myApartment function?

// Global Scope!
var laundryRoom = 'Basement';
var mailRoom = 'Room 1A';

var myApartment = function() {
//Local Scope Inside the function Only!
  var mailBoxNumber = 'Box 3';
  var laundryRoom = 'In-unit';
//Print two local variables 
 console.log('Mail box: ' + mailBoxNumber + ', Laundry:' + laundryRoom);
//Print only mailBoxNumber variable
  console.log(mailBoxNumber);
};

//Instruction 4 -- this should not working globally 

// Function Calling
myApartment();

so where is the wrong here, why i see that error!!

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's quite frustrating, I'd like to move on to the rest of the javascript lessons but nothing I do gets me past this error, including the "Get code" option.

same is here bro, so is that a bug or mystery? get code just complete the various instruction which already done!

Having the same problem. Used console.log and received an error. Tried to move on to the next step, calling myApartment(); and deleting console.log(mailBoxNumber); but this did not help. I have sent an bug report.

O.K., now I redid the lesson and it is letting me go on. Either I mispelled something originally or it fixed itself.

I had the same problem, but I tried it again and finaly found the solution.
This is the right code for instruction 4:

var laundryRoom = 'Basement';
var mailRoom = 'Room 1A';

var myApartment = function() {
var mailBoxNumber = 'Box 3';
var laundryRoom = 'In-unit';
console.log('Mail box: ' + mailBoxNumber + ', Laundry:' + laundryRoom);
};

For instruction 5 you have to delete console.log(mailBoxNumber); and type myApartment();.

Hope this helped you!

console.log("Thanks");

I have no idea why the code I wrote, which was the same as yours did not work, but yours worked, so awesome ! I think this thing is flaky.

where is console.log('Laundry: ' + laundryRoom + ', Mail: ' + mailRoom); from last exercise did u just delete it if yes why please help :frowning:

I deleted console.log('Laundry: ' + laundryRoom + ', Mail: ' + mailRoom); because the variable "Laundry" was overwritten by the new variable inside of the function and I thought it wouldn't make any sense to log both ("Laundry: In-unit" and "Laundry: Basement").
I don't know if it's necessary to delete it. You can try to run the code with the console.log(...).

they dont mention deleting the console.log from prev exercise somethin wrong with instructions or interface

and running it with the console.log doesnt work

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.