Did you remember to give your div a height of 50px? It looks like it's 49.8px

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-UuBLw/0/2?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

Every time I submit by code I get the error message

"Did you remember to give your div a height of 50px? It looks like it's 49.8px."

I have tried to reset my browser's zoom using ctrl-0 to no avail. I have also tried changing the height of my code to many different increments in order to try and force it to work wrong and this has not worked either. I even tried clearing my cache because some one else posted that this was their issue and that failed as well. Are you aware of any other options?

div {
    height: 50px;
    width: 120px;
    border-color: #6495ED;
    background-color: #BCD2EE;
    border-style: dashed;
    border-width: 2px;
}

Make sure you are using Google Chrome. It really is the only browser on which this site works consistently.

Thank you, I was using chrome originally but for some reason the development environment would not load when css started being incorporated so I switched to firefox. I did figure out how to solve my problem in the weirdest of ways however. I changed my border width to 4px and it worked. I have no idea how or why.

with css your padding and border are part of the element sizing, which will affect your div height sometimes it helps to set box-sizing check out w3schools

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.