Designing a button Adding link error

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-UuBLw/0/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

Set zoom to 75%. Was at 100%. Error still occurs.

Oops, try again. Did you remember to set your link's text-decoration to none;?

Why is my second to last line of code not working?

img {
	display: block;
	height: 100px;
	width: 300px;
	margin: auto;
}

p {
	text-align: center;
	font-family: Garamond, serif;
	font-size: 18px;
}

/*Start adding your CSS below!*/
div{
    height: 50px;
    width: 120px;
    border-color: #6495ED;
    background-color: #BCD2EE;
    border-style: solid black;
    border-width: 2px;
    border-radius: 5px;
    margin: auto;
    text-align: center;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: Arial;
}

When establishing font families, you need to have fallbacks and stuff. Otherwise it'll be the browser's default.

Also, try zooming all the way to the sixties and try submitting each time. If that doesn't work, clear your cache, close the browser and reopen it, and try again. If the problem still persists, try another browser. If that doesn't work, reset the code and do it again. The repetition will help fortify :slight_smile:

Edit: Not all fonts are supported by browsers. Some have a select few that they support, another browser's could be different. That's why we have the fallbacks.

I did as you suggest for the font-family. Still not working. The error is not with the font-family, but rather the line above - text decoration. Before I try Chrome and Firefox, are you sure the problem is with the font-family?

Oh my apologies, I thought you said your last line. The text-decoration line looks fine, but the instructions want the links text-decoration to be none, not the entire div.

Thank you. That worked!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.