Date and Time Grand Finale

This is my code
from datetime import datetime
now = datetime.now()

print ('%s/%s/%s %s:%s:%s') % (now.month, now.day, now.year, now.hour, now.minute, now.second)

This is the display
4/28/2017 22:26:36
None

This is the message

Oops, try again. Your printed date and time do not seem to be in the right format: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss

But clearly they are correct so I do not know what to do. Suggestions welcome?

It tells you to do that in the instructions "Make sure that there is a ( before the six and a ) after them" but to check I tried the code without the () and it still gives the same result. The code runs, the result is correct but the same error message appears.

Did you refresh the page? Also, can you put your code in preformatted text so I can see if there's anything else wrong?

Yes tried that as well same result

Can you put your code in preformatted text, like this:

I hope you can see what I'm pointing to. is the </> logo
Or you can take a screen shot of your code if that's easier :slight_smile:

This is valid Python, but the closing parens on the string should be at the very end.

print ( " ... " % ( ... ) )
        -----------------

Everything inside the outer parens.

In Python 3, print is a function, so the parens are mandatory. They are optional in Python 2, meaning they are ignored.

print " ... " % ( ... )

from datetime import datetime
now = datetime.now()

print ('%s/%s/%s  %s:%s:%s') % (now.month, now.day, now.year, now.hour, now.minute, now.second)

See the post above yours for clarification.

Thanks. I tried that option as well. Still got the same result. The code runs, the printout is correct but the same error message!!!!

Which course are you on? It doesn't look finished.

Date and time Grand Finale

read what @mtf said. It should help. :slight_smile:

print ('%s/%s/%s  %s:%s:%s' % (now.month, now.day, now.year, now.hour, now.minute, now.second))

I had tried that as well with the same result. 4/28/2017 23:15:46
None

But same error message

The SCT is expecting only one space here.

Great thanks that was it

Now is ok many thanks I thought there was only one space there but clearly two :slight_smile:

Ah! Ok I have now done that as well