Dark mode

When using Codecademy I hate how I need to use light mode. Now Dark Reader is a great alternative to this it is not as good as when it is built into a website because in some websites such as most google services (google docs, slides, etc) it breaks the website and or it does not look clean. And with CC it would not look great because when we code some parts of the code should be a certain color and Dark Reader would mess that up.

(Previses requests:

)

Also if I’m coding on my school computer I cant use dark reader because my school blocked or if you are on a browser that does not have dark reader on the extension store you cant have dark mode

Is there any indication that this might be looked at? I have most things set to dark mode as it helps my eyes other sites I have this as an option on most other sites I use yet its missing here. Is this on the roadmap?

1 Like

Oh man… its KILLING MY EYES !!!

How can it be that Dark Mode its not a Standard in 2023 ?!?!?!?!?!??!

Especially for a platform which teaches coding, where you have to look at a screen for multiple hours.

This is a modern form of TURTURE !!

I had cornea transplants due to my eye disease, keratoconus. I didn’t care about light and dark mode before. Now, after that surgery, it hurts my eyes as they are sensitive to light. I legitimately have a reason to ask for this feature. It’s not just my case. There are a lot of other medical issues that light mode can hinder someone’s experience. Please, I ask you to add this not as others just want it, but from someone and others with medical issues can read it. I had to take a year off for my eyes to heal, and I want to get back into coding. I have a plugin to make things dark mode, but it’s not perfect.

The silence says a lot. Does anyone know if there is a roadmap anywhere? The site is useful but not having dark mode is a straightforward requirement in 2023 especially for those with visual ailments. Anyone know of a way to actually a mod or someone to actually reply?

Bottom of the page, “Roadmap”, under “Resources” which opens a Trello board.

If you haven’t already, contact CS (via Help, here) and open a ticket w/your suggestion for dark mode.

1 Like

Thanks I’ve raised a ticket I won’t hold my breath but disappointing it doesn’t even seem to be on the roadmap.

Lightlife theme looks good, but I would like to be able to switch to dark