Dark mode

Hiya!

I’ve been using Codecademy for a couple of months now and it’s been a great experience so far!
However, there is one thing that could improve my experience by a great deal and that would be a dark mode.
I’ve got quite a lot of “floaters” (mouches volantes) in my eyes and they are making it hard for me to read text that has a very bright background. In some exercises, both the “Learn” and the “localhost” window show up on the screen and both are very, very bright and therefore hard to read for me. Apart from a browser plugin (which does a so-so job) I have found no way to change that.
So it would be fantastic if you could implement maybe a little switch next to the avatar or maybe even somewhere in the settings that changes the background- and text-color to something more easy on the eyes, I think that might help a lot of people, not just me.

Thanks and greetings
Viktor

Hi Viktor :wave:

Great suggestion –– a dark mode would be great! I will pass along your request to our Product team.

Thanks!

Lil

6 Likes

Please do!! I really like working on Codecademy. So, I would be so thankful and appreciate if you could do dark mode for us. My eyes strained really bad looking at the bright background.*cries