Daily Streaks More Than Actual Days Coded

I have been taking courses on CodeCademy for 2 days now. How come my daily streaks are at 4 since I’ve only coded for 2 days? I’ve completed the HTML course in one day, and now I’ve almost completed the CSS course. Is this because of how many badges I have earned? How is the daily streaks evaluated? Based on how many days I code continuously or/and how many badges I earn?

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

I think that you’re either mistaken about how many days or there are some time-zone discrepancies because you have badges dated December 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Badges aren’t required though. It’s based on activity in the learning environment or posting in the forum. You don’t have to earn a badge for the streak to remain.

3 Likes

I think @selectall’s answer is the most likely explanation. It is possible to contribute to your ‘coding’ streak through activity on the forums but since this is your first post I’d say the time zone difference is probably the one.

1 Like

Wow, learning to code really passes time, haha. I didn’t realize I started on Dec 3 . Thank you for the quick response!

2 Likes