Currency Comparison in React Testing course broken?

Hi, I think there may be an issue with the content here, unless I’m missing something which of course is possible, but I have done my best to check that it isn’t me.

The first few steps are about setting up Jest using the inbuilt CLI. Installing Jest is fine, but Step 3 asks to set up the test script by changing the line “test”: “echo Test command not set up!” to “test”: “jest tests/ --coverage”. The instructions then state that running npm test in the terminal should “see passing tests as well as a coverage report for the provided test file (currency_comparison.test.js ).” Unfortunately what I see when running npm test is: npm ERR! Test failed. See above for more details.

This is a screengrab of my editor and and terminal, hopefully the image uploads.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. I hope it’s something I’ve done, but I’m really struggling to see what it is.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention, the url to this course is:

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-react-testing/projects/currency-comparison

Seeing the same at my end!

1 Like

happen to me as well, but I managed to fix it with installing jest version 26.6.3 instead just jest.
so you need to uninstall current jest then install jest with specific version with npm install [email protected] -D