CSS Text Transition Issue

Hi Guys, so I am not exactly sure what they are asking for me to do here but here is my code but it doesnt seem to be working.

Here is the task:

Find the selector .definable .word which selects the words that have definitions. Add a transition for the text color.

Here is the code I have:

.definable .word {
  color: #639eff;
  transition: color 1s;
}

Im just not sure what the text is supposed to be doing because it doesnt seem like its changing at all.

Here is a link to the code: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-css/projects/transitions-book

Thoughts?

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

The project includes everything you need for your transition to work, but it is a pretty subtle color difference by default with the colors they chose, not to mention the giant definition popup that could be drawing your eye away.

Look really closely at this one:
color-transition

That’s using transition: color 250ms ease-in; with the project default colors in place.

The colors that are being transitioned are defined in .definable .word and .definable .word:hover, so if we change the hover color to something more drastic, such as red, then it becomes much more obvious to see the changes.

color-transition-red

2 Likes

Ah, that makes perfect sense. So my code IS working I just couldn’t tell because the color. Great, thanks.

1 Like