CSS Selectors- Lesson 8

I don't understand why my code isn't working. It says that I'm not bolding the introduction, but it is visibly bolded.

p {
font-family: Garamond;
}
body p {
font-weight: bold;

}
div > p {
color: #7ac5cd;
font-weight:normal;
}
li p {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #000000;
font-weight:normal;
}

change font-weight: bold to font-weight: strong, see if that helps.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Place the supporting content

@jibblyj, Be careful what you wish for, kaylibreaux is doing make a website track, not html + css, guess i am going to flag it

@boardslayer48626, your code is not the most efficient, but it should work. introduction and summary paragraph are both direct child of body, you could try body > p, then you do not have to counter the bold in the other css selectors. body p will select all paragraph nested somewhere in body (with other words, all paragraphs)

Grrrr, flag it up! Nowwww!

Hi, I have problems with this code:

p {
font-family:Garamond;
}
body > p
{
font-weight:bold;
}
li p {
text-decoration:underline;
}

Though the code yes works, when this one is checked, the check says that the "bold" attribute was not applied in Introduction and Summary paragraphs.

Please, help.

Try changing 'bold' to 'strong'.

i get this error message: Oops, try again. Did you remember to set the color of the synopsis paragraph to #7AC5CD? the synopsis paragraph is a direct child of div, for the rest it is fine. If you fix this, and still get the error, you might have hit a glitch, try a different browser as work around

Hello,

this is my code and it works:

p {
font-family: Garamond;
}
body > p {
font-weight: bold;
}
div > p { color:#7AC5CD;
}
li p{
color: #000000;
text-decoration: underline;
}

Thank you. I just needed to see it to understand my mistake.