CSS Selectors ( Lesson 3 - One selector to rule them all)

Plz help me....
I wrote out * {
border: 1px dashed #3A5FCD;
}
I can't submit & save, it is said that "Make sure that you use the universal selector * to give a border 1px wide". What's wrong with that?

make sure your browser zoom is set to 100% (ctrl + 0) and your link to stylesheet is good

I have the same problem. I did reset my browser zoom and the link to stylesheet looks fine too. Could there be any other reasons it's not working?

could be, can you post your code?

"*" it says values will apply to all html tags

Use this code

*{
border-width:1px;
border-color: #3A5FCD;
border-style:dashed;
}

thank you so much. I tried it, but it still doesn't work. could it have to do with my screen settings? I'm kinda running out of answers. it's weird because it does display what I put in, just code academy is not accepting my answer.

If it does not display, this could indicate a problem with your html (in particular with your link to stylesheet), can you post your html code?

Please share your screenshots.

no, don't encourage screen-shots, posting code is much better. Then we can run it

i had the same issue, and the code was fine but when i set the browser zoom to 100% (ctrl + 0) the Save & Submit Button works and let me pass.

Check the zoom of your browser.

Regards

I am having the same issue.

Here is my code:

"
* {
}

"

Do you see a border (to see if you link to stylesheet is working), did you check your browser zoom?

Hi @Saiwonsi I have a temporary solution for you:

If you are not using the Firefox browser at this moment, please try it.

This is what I did when I had the exact same issue you are having right now then I switched back to my Chrome browser after I successfully submitted the lesson on Firefox.

Check solved if it works ! Let me know if it doesn`t.

For me it says "Did you remember to add a border of color #3A5FCD around every element?" when i try to submit but i know i did it correctly

Could you show us your code so we can help you?

It works with Firefox.Tanks :heart_eyes:

I tried all the possible solutions that have been given in this topic, but none of them work. All html code and css code is as it should be. Is there a way to contact codeacademy or something?

This is my code

* {
}

is your zoom level right? (cmd + 0 for mac btw), otherwise try a different browser as a workaround

Yeah zoom lvl is also right and i'm working in firefox, but i'll try an other browser.
Thanks