{color: red;
}

P {
font-family: "Courier";
background color: ;
}

What am I not passing
~

For background color you need to add a dash ( - ) between the words so background-color you need to add yellow after the colon

don't put any quotes,

~ I'm still having issues with progressing; or recognizing my mistake. Can you help?
/*You can do this! Write your CSS below.*/
h3
{color: red;
}
P
{
font-family:Courier;
"background-color:Yellow"
}

~

you shouldn't have any quotes and Y in yellow should be lower case as well as your p

p {
font-family: courier;
background-color: yellow;
}

Thank you Zainabrawat. i appreciate your help..but here is the actually error msg: "PrintSC shot" ~

and the code is ~/*You can do this! Write your CSS below.*/
h3{
color: red;
}
p{
font-family:courier;
background-color:yellow;
}

you set your paragraphs background to yellow:

p {
  background-color: yellow;
}

you should set your <span></span>'s background-color to yellow, create a new css selector to target your span, and add the right property (background-color) and value (yellow), here is some general css syntax to help you:

selector {
  property: value;
}

Thank you Stetim...idk "why" i keep missing this basic syntax details. I will keep working to get better. Thank you for your help once again.

Because if you are completely new to coding, in which case the syntax can be confusing. I have been there, if you will keep working on it, you will notice you improve, and make less mistakes, and if you make them, you will be better at tracking them down.