I just finished the Excursion project on Codecademy’s Full Stack Development career path and I pushed my code to a repository on GitHub. When I open the html file locally from my computer, everything looks fine but when I open it on Github pages, it’s missing the css styles and the images. Basically it looks like a plain html skeleton website. I made my path to the stylesheet relative to my html file but I can’t figure out what’s wrong.
Here is my repository in Github:
Also here’s a link to my Github Pages:
The Resources folder name in your project starts with a capital R, but in the HTML code, it’s with a lower r.
If you are on Windows, the folder’s names are not case sensitive but on a Unix system (and GitHub is running on a Unix system), the folder’s names are. This means that resources is not the same folder as Resources.
That seemed to work, thank you! Just a few questions:
- I ended up having to change the slashes from forward slash to backslash, is that the proper way to do it on GitHub? I use a Mac so I do forward slash.
- Why did GitHub capitalize the resources folder if its saved as all lowercase on my computer?
- The video clip of the phone doesn’t seem to be working still. The image is there but the video isn’t looping through, do you know why that is?
- The forward slashes should work fine (and should be the ones to use)
- Really strange, I’ve got no idea why. Especially if you are working with a Mac.
- The source in the HTML contains a s to the video folder name, which is not the case for the folder itself (I saw that you’d fixed this point)
It seems that the video is not auto-starting; I think you may try to add the muted to fix the problem (<video>: The Video Embed element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN)
Adding the muted worked! Thanks again!
Remove the css folder and keep your index file and css at same place, and remove the hierarchy in link attribute as href=“main.css”.
Add in head tag
<meta name=“viewport” content=“width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0”>
<meta http-equiv=“X-UA-Compatible” content=“ie=edge”>
try shuffling the order.
It worked then.
Hi, my css isn’t working on github pages also. i’m a beginner, and i’ve tried everything
Here’s the github link GitHub - Bill-Adepoju/3-preview
I’d like to ask help too. CSS file isn’t recognized. Got the same issue as his.
My CSS page is not been recognized on my GitHub page.
Here is the link to the page: GitHub - VIKB-Oficial/Repo
Thanks, everyone for the help.
This has helped. I used a CSS folder. After removing it, it worked perfect!