CSS Lesson 26: Links and Text Decoration - Can't complete lesson

The lesson editor will not let me continue past this exercise.

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-TlhFi/4/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

The lesson tells me to check if I have set my text-decoration to none, which I have. I have re-checked all code several times, and still cannot continue to the next lesson.

``` Result

By the power of Greyskull...

...I HAVE THE POWER!!!

EXCALIBUR

CSS

h1 {
font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;
color: #576d94;
}

p {
font-family: Garamond, serif;
font-size: 18px;
color: #4a4943;
}

img {
height: 100px;
width: 300px;
}

img {
border: 1px solid #4682b4;
}

a {
color: #cc0000;
text-decoration: none;
}

Please advise, and thank you.

MurphDawg

CSS Lession 26 - Link Decoration check error

Hi @h.murphy

I had the same problem - the problem is that it thinks there should be no space between the colon and none so rather than:

text-decoration: none;

it should say

text-decoration:none;

although normally there should be a space.

Hope this works,

@microblaster83237

I’m getting the same error, even with or without the space. I thought I was doing something wrong. I skipped it and went on to the next lesson and there is another lesson that says to set text decoration to none. It does the same thing.

I am having the same problem. I have removed the space, and it still gives me the same error message.

Hi @h.murphy, @daxellwells, @digitalrockstar61271,

If you feel like you have triple checked your code and it’s correct, what I would suggest is try changing the browser.

Firefox worked best for me. There’s something buggy in this track that doesn’t work in Chrome, Opera or IE, I switched to Firefox and the problem resolved itself, with the condition make sure your answer is correct and following the course’s instructions.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Oops, try again. Did you remember to set your link's text-decoration to none;?
HTML&CSS Lesson 26 CSS: An Overview will not accept my answer
Stuck in the last one
Using correct text-decoration: none; for css but it wont accept it?
26. link and text-decoration

Thank you everyone.

The problem was, in fact, Chrome. I switched to Firefox, and the problem was instantly resolved. Thanks again.

That really helped! thank you!

I hate the fact that is the solution because I am not a fan of Firefox but at least we know what the issue is.

Thanks guys!

Yep! Chrome was the issue. Thanks!

@daxellwells,

CC will be removing the old HTML & CSS track and update with newer ones. This issue does not present in the newer courses, it’s just that the old courses were not maintained anymore and will be retired real soon as per the announcement:

https://www.codecademy.com/blog/important-changes-to-codecademy-courses

I don’t know what will happen to the old courses, but better finish it up before the changes being implemented (if you have the time).

:slight_smile:

Oh wow, of course it’s actually tomorrow lol. Oh well, I’ve learned what I have so far; I’ll take the updated course!

Thanks for the heads up.

You’re welcome. Have fun coding. :slight_smile:

Firefox browser can fix it :slight_smile:

I have to say thank you codexthon. Your solution works! The problem is the browser. but I think, codeacademy have to search how to solve the problem.

hey can you help ,me with this thank in advance

:grinning:

Hi @stephkyle,

Try this:

1. Copy the link of your current exercise.

2. Logout your Codecademy account from Google Chrome browser.

3. Use Firefox browser (this is important), Log in to your Codecademy account

4. Paste that link you copied.

5. Hit Save & Submit Code.

See if it works. :slight_smile:

ok thanks a lot :grin:

Did it work? :thinking:

nope it does not work :sob:

@stephkyle,

If you need more help, please provide more info, provide a link toward your exercise, what error it throws, and the code. Thanks.

One thing to be noted:
Your p selector supposed to have more css properties and values from the previous exercise, did you delete some of it?

p {
font-family: Garamond, serif;
font-size: 18px;
color: #4a4943;
}

Add that into your code.

If all thing fails, you may try using Microsoft Edge browser and other browser. The track is a bit buggy and will be retired soon.

*Note: I’ve passed this lesson using Firefox