CSS Layout ; change the li elements from being block elements to inline elements

hi everyone, im a little stuck on CSS layout.... i cant figure out how to write the code correctly in main.CSS?

im writing :

.nav h1 {
display:inline;

}

the instructions say the followoing:

Change the li elements from being block elements to inline elements by setting the display to inline

could anyone pleaase kindly help me out :smiley:

thanks in advance, Megan :stuck_out_tongue:

You almost have it. The instructions are asking you to change the li elements, but you have instead changed the h1 elements.

16 posts were split to a new topic: 3. Jumbotron - Change the position to relative

2 posts were split to a new topic: 3. Jumbotron - change the position to relative

3 posts were split to a new topic: trying to figure out why my CSS code is not working

A post was split to a new topic: 3. Jumbotron - Change the position to relative

5 posts were split to a new topic: 2. Navigation, How do you specify to change line elements as opposed to h1?

Figured it out!

Look at the first line of the CSS. You need to change h1 to li so it looks like this:
.nav li {
color: #5a5a5a;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 14px 10px;
text-transform: uppercase;
}

gracias por la ayuda de cambiar 'a' por 'li' para adjuntar la regla display

even though typed the command
.div li{
} it still says that it is not correct

Using a . tells the CSS interpreter to look for a class -- but you have no classes called div

Instead of .div, use the actual class name that you are trying to select.

I was having the same problem. You should have added the display: inline; on the first line, just after the comment
li {
/*Add your CSS here!*/
** display: inline;**
border: 2px solid #000000;