CSS font-weight property

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

```

p {
font-weight: bold;
}
exercise does not work
here is the link
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-css-selectors-visual-rules/lessons/css-visual-rules/exercises/font-weight-i?action=lesson_resume&course_redirect=learn-css&link_content_target=interstitial_undefined

<do not remove the three backticks above>

Hey @goodeg your code looks good - have you tried placing the css declaration inside of the existing paragraph rule in the stylesheet?

p {
  color: AliceBlue;
  line-height: 1.3em;
  text-align: left;
  width: 100%;
  font-family: Helvetica;
  font-size: 18px;
}

Side note: If you have more questions in the future, it’s good to know how to format your code in the post so that it’s easier for others to offer their help. You can refer how to format code here.

For the right advice or code review, share the lesson name, the webpage link, the step you are struggling on, also the code you tried and sometimes the error message that pops up. :thinking:
All of this information is really helpful for you to mull over and it introduces us to the problem so we can point you in the right direction in a quickly :handshake: :tada:

Hi,
I have the same problem and I tried both - modyfing existing rule (I tried to put font-weight: bold; in different lines) and creating new one:

p {
}
p{
}

none of them works. I get
Did you set the ‘p’ selector around line 32 to have a font weight of bold?

And I cannot continue… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi!
I have the same problem. But I have written the code inside the existing paragraph rule and it still doesnt work. The code looks like this:
p {
}
The error I always become is:
Did you set the ‘p’ selector around line 32 to have a font weight of bold?

Hi,
When I’ve closed excersise and reopened it worked. I had next instruction. Maybe it is solved or you need to reopen it…

Hi,
thanks for your answer! That didnt work for me, but the following helped: i have clicked many times on “Run” button till i got the message: “Get stucked?”. Then i chose “Get Code” option and could finally click “Next” button.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.