Css border property

My code refuses to pass through and my coding is correct

Hey Benedictsunday,

Could you please post your code so we can help you? Don't forget to format it by highlighting it and clicking the </> button in the formatting toolbar :)

Hello Benedict,

could you post the code you are trying to do, and which exercise it is. When you post code you have to highlight it and click the </> button to format it

Thanks

Keith

{
border: 1px solid #4682b4;
}

css overview
{
}

Hi Benedict,

which lesson number does this relate to? The only thing I can see that might be causing an issue is there is no selector there, you need something before the opening curly bracket {

So something like this -

a {
}

which would add the border around all a tags

Thanks

Keith

Several of these exercises are broken and can be fixed by pasting the code into a different browser.

Eg. Use universal selector * to add border of 1 px.

code:
* {
border:1px dashed #3A5FCD;
}

I repeatedly get the error: Did you forget to add a border of 1 px?

I know the code is correct because when pasting it into Internet Explorer (instead of Chrome), it works and allows me to proceed.

The same thing happened to me. Yesterday I could proceed by switching back and forth from chrome to Firefox and vice versa. Now today I am stuck on what seems like a simple thing, removing text decoration and coding font as cursive for links in list tags. I followed the example exactly. today switching browsers isn't helping! I'm posting and leaving for a while....who knows maybe if you aren't logged on for a while your code refreshes. :disappointed_relieved:

Reset your browser to 100% instead of zoom. I was getting the same error and kept resetting the code to try over and over again knowing my code was exactly correct. Then I realized my browser was set to zoom at 125%. Once I reset to 100%, the code passed through.

Hi Benedict,

Your posted sample code shows me that you're not targeting the selector or any html property to apply the styles. As Keefyboooo said, you need write the code by targeting any html element or any selector.

For Example if you want to style the border of a paragraph element, just do this.

p {
   border: 10px solid green;
}

Here is a reference for that:

http://www.snoopcode.com/css/css-border-property

Hope it help!