Course Poll

Please add one more JavaScript framework.

4 Likes

@azeenriyaz Which one?

3 Likes

the vote betwin c++ and app
i choose c++

3 Likes

I like the Python 3.x suggestion. In fact regardless if Codecademy get a Python 3.x course or not; the old one really should be renamed Python 2.x. It really not clear enough that the course is outdated and that there are major non-backward compatible differences with the new standard. I know that Python 2.x still is used more, but is the legacy version of a language really what new programmers should learn?

7 Likes

I can’t choose between two courses! :pensive: I wanna learn “App” and “Python Django” on Codecademy…

3 Likes

Python Django would be amazing to complement the web development languages.

4 Likes

I agree that C / C++ course IS NOT the same as Android / iOS course.
But, on the other hand, I think CA don’t even need specific Android / iOS courses at all, since they are too specific and narrow. There could be no more Android or iOS in 10 years, but C / C++ will be just where they are now.

Games.

And as far as I understand, games takes more than 50% of Google Play and Appstore combined.

3 Likes

Could be great a course about how to use Apache Cordova and Ionic.
And never forget to still improving the course about AngularJS. The 2.0 version is coming :smile:.

4 Likes

There should be a canvas or svg course

7 Likes

LOL, I had to read that a second time for it to register ! Very subtle.

4 Likes

On mobile android devices ?? I hardly think you’d be playing high performance games on a mobile ???

3 Likes

Please add NodeJS with expressJS

9 Likes

How about a course designed for Software Test Engineers who want to learn about Test automation?? Like Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNg ?

5 Likes

I want to learn lua really badly…

3 Likes

C would be great! Yeah C, not C++ or C# but C! There are a lot of website teaching C++ and C# already, but no one’s teaching C. So I really suggest and recommend C.

Also Assembly would be loved, for the same reasons as above.

4 Likes

A lot of people in the network world are learning Python to automate the stuff their tools do and such (I’m not sure quite exactly what). If Codecademy were to create a course or section of a course focusing on automating networky stuff, a lot of people would definitely take it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

JSON please? or javascript database

6 Likes

But wait for the HoloLens… omg HoloLens… <3

5 Likes

@jibblyj Yeah, imagine having to do special stuff on your site just for 3D glasses :shudder:
Although, I will say that as long as I don’t have to develop for them, I do think that 3D glasses are pretty cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Then make sure you have visual studio 2015

3 Likes