Course Poll

It was just a suggestion, I would like to be part of a course oriented to Bootstrap, it is all.

4 Likes

Hey @alexricardo1,

You might find the Make a Website course helpful with learning Bootstrap :slight_smile:

5 Likes

C ++ should be the next course

5 Likes

I’d really be interested in a Node.js course.

13 Likes

I’d suggest these:

• NodeJS
  • advance JavaScript
  • (maybe it’s too much to ask but) Algorithm and Data structure :sunglasses: Pls. Maybe just Intro.
  • Please Please add more cases, like building calculator, timer, other simple web applications.
  • How about a Coding Contest?

Thanks.

7 Likes

I would like to see Delphi course.

4 Likes

@mariashur There’s actually already a Build a Calculator course:

Part one
Part two

:slight_smile:

And I like all of your suggestions (especially simple webapps), except the programming contests - I’d rather Codecademy stick to teaching and such and let the people already working on contests keep doing that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This.

Since with C / C++ you can build single native app for both Android and iOS. And pretty much any other OS you could imagine.

4 Likes

Can you create a Fortran course?
Thank you

6 Likes

I think it would be awesome to have Titanium as well as its Alloy framework on here.

4 Likes

@zaruka I’m pretty sure that’s incorrect. IPhone takes Swift or Objective-C, and Android takes Java.
Neither of them takes C or C++ from what I’ve ever seen, although I think iPhone takes variations of Objective-C similar to C++

5 Likes

Android NDK allows C/C++ coding. Look up Android Dev

6 Likes

@dondabrera Thanks, I didn’t know it was possible to do anything with C/C++ on Android.
It might be worth noting this, though:

In general, you should only use the NDK if it is essential to your app—never because you simply prefer to program in C/C++.

But yeah, thanks for pointing that out!

4 Likes

also, since android studio compiles to an apk file, I can’t see much point using C/C++ for dev unless you’re OCD ! That is, until AS introduces optimization, which I don’t think it does.

5 Likes

Dear Zaruka,

C is the mother of programming language .For Android and IOS course there should be brief study on C language and also C++ should be noted as object oriented language which is very similar to C language.So, C and C++ should be the next coursewhich will be benefical for the study of Android and IOS course
5 Likes

Will all these things come out? (Including Interactive JS, which was replaced by the ‘-’)

I’m just wondering, because I would be happy for anything. Except Python, which I know a lot of people like, but… it’s not really my style. :smiley: Cope with me here, guys. You have to agree with me that indenting is confusing. I like JS more, with the brackets. Haha.

Anyways, back to question:

Is it possible that all these things will come out, no matter the amount of votes? Or will just the highest votes be able to get a course?

…or maybe everything can come out as a course? Well, that’s how I think :smiley:.

3 Likes

That’s totally incorrect. There is utterly no benefit for beginner programmers learning Android to also learn C or C++.
C and C++ have their place in high performance programs. What sort of programs running on mobile Android devices qualify as high performance ?

3 Likes

C and C++ are totally for beginner programmers and also for making Andriod app java is requried and java is very much similar to C language and to be a beteer programmer you should have brief knowledege on C and C++ otherwise beginner starting to learn Android coursr is just a lame.

3 Likes

@ragezapper They used to have a page saying they would teach them all (somewhat exaggerating, of course), but they probably will work towards teaching as many of the ones people want as they can. But probably the higher-voted ones first, then moving along to the languages with fewer votes :slight_smile:

Being familiar with one or two programming languages before learning another makes it easier to learn the next.

Maybe you should tell that to the people who wrote the operating system of the computer you’re on in C :wink:

But we’re getting off topic - this isn’t supposed to be a debate about which language is best or why, we’re supposed to vote on languages here.

4 Likes

Yes,bro I’m also in your team i like your thoughts .At last but not least C ++ should be the next course

3 Likes