Course Poll

Wondering if codeacademy would build a course on VBA, particularly on excel, marcos and forms.

4 Likes

Wondering about learning XML here, along with with the casted vote for LUA also understand how to organize and create a Table of Contents document (though simple perhaps). I basically have to start over as I haven’t used my computer skills much since High School. Taking a big crack at it now.

1 Like

Exactly! I’ve been wanting to learn Swift with a solid resource for a long time now, not just youTube videos. Swift would be especially useful, I would just hope that you are also able to create games and animations using metal, scene kit, sprite kit and core animation.

2 Likes

Scala would be useful

2 Likes

Shell scripting would be an interesting course, but it may be more specialized than what Codecademy wants to offer, especially since it would need to build upon a bash knowledge base. There are more useful languages, such as C++, which can and should be targeted first.

3 Likes

Matlab and LabView would be really helpful!

2 Likes

is the poll still running ? whrere can i vote from?

2 Likes

Yes. Above.

3 Likes

ok, thank you :relaxed:

3 Likes

I hope they add a Swift or Node.js course. That would be great

2 Likes

Add all of them should be added, JSON, C++, C#, Iphone/Android Dev. everything :smiley:

1 Like

Some intermediate and advanced JavaScript topics to continue that path.

• Node.js
  • Asynchronous JavaScript, AJAX, Node.js Async libraries
    • Callbacks
    • Promises
    • Generators
    • Accessing IO like API’s and Databases
    • Bluebird
    • Chai
  • Frameworks
    • React.js
    • Express.js
  • Flux / Redux

Important General Topics

• Unit testing

Build tools

• Gulp
  • Browserify
  • Bable
5 Likes

I would love to see a wordpress theme creation track. The different track PHP, CSS and HTML are good start. But there is so many different files to build up and to call and integrate that a well designed track as you can do would be helpful.

2 Likes

Scala course would be good.

2 Likes

I would love a course on Node.js and deploying to Heroku

2 Likes

Please add: Node, Express, Mongodb, Angular. In that order.

1 Like

Angular is already on Codecademy, I believe.

3 Likes

Python 3 is listed as a course suggestion, but even as someone new to the Python language I gather that there is a somewhat special situation in regards to Python 2/3 with many opinions. Perhaps there should just be one course (the existing one) and a unit in that course where the differences between Python 2 and 3 are covered, educating the programmer. Later, as Python 2 is phased out (date already set to 2020), the course could be updated to purely version 3 syntax.

4 Likes

I really wish they would expand the JavaScript course.

I made this from a book:

https://www.codecademy.com/steven.copeland/codebits/mXDLJ3

Steven

2 Likes

This! Bootstrap is only a template for that can make a fast and easy customized webpage. It’s really not worth a tutorial at all and it comes with enough documentation even a novice in html can use it.

/rant

2 Likes