Course Poll

What is your suggestion?

1 Like

Java/C++ I assume. 

1 Like

Not C++ like i said in my opinon:

My suggestion @alexcommunitymgr is we start out with something simple, like Java Game Programming. Because we cant have every codecademy course be about web development really. We need some tutorials on game development as that field is growing these days! Would love to see that in the Course Poll!

4 Likes

Hum, what about Rust?
I got the impression that it’s a tiny bit more newbie friendly then C/C++ while still being a low level language.
That said, Rust, C++ and C seems to be quite similar so perhaps a unified low level course with all of those (and some basic assembly?) languages included starting simple with a made up language to display concepts and building up then branching when you start encountering differences?

Other then Rust I’d of course would also like to learn the other low level languages, and perhaps some high level ones like Lisp and Erlang.
More Python lessons would also be appreciated though as there’s a lot more to learn then what you’ve showed us so far.

Well, that’s my two cent…

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Change my username

I think Lua will be extremely useful for us. Please add Lua course.

2 Likes

I’m going to move your topic over to the poll thread – don’t forget to vote!

3 Likes

lolman i would say only Swift as apple kinda ditched objective C as the programming language for making iOS apps.

2 Likes

I really liked the Python course but would also like to see a Perl course.

4 Likes

We need a C++ course on codecademy. Could the admins please make a course? I mean, a lot of people come to codecademy for making games, especially me, so could you make the course? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi codeagent32627,

I understand that you and many others would love to have a C++ course here, but right now it is still being debated over, and if(when) it does come, it will be a while from now.

You said[quote=“codeagent32627, post:1, topic:17143”]
a lot of people come to codecademy for making games
[/quote]

But as true as this is, Codecademy doesn’t really focus on things like that, but rather the basics of programming. This may include a C++ basics course in the future, but it will most likely be just that - a basic course. There probably wont be any game programming courses for a while.

3 Likes

It would be interesting from a would-be student’s mindset to understand why the way that codecademy presents its courses is considered attractive to students using this site. I don’t find it particularly useful from a learning aspect unless the fact that its free is the only reason.
Udemy, Cousera and Udacity have far more useful and better programming courses.

2 Likes

Hello. I would like to see Visual Basic added, please.

3 Likes

First off all the SQL course is very, very weak, it doesn’t have the “thinking” component present in many other courses, like Python, on the SQL course consists in only coping and pasting the answers, so this one really needs some improvement.

Also it would be awesome to have courses more related to machine learning, a data mining course in python or java, for example, that’s a course I’d pay for!

5 Likes

Hi,
will you propose some courses about “configuration management tools” like said Puppet,Ansible,Chef, etc …
This is very similar to real programming language, and as the word devops suggest, devs have to learn some ops too :smile:
Thanks for your awesome work.

1 Like

Foundation would be an Awesome, Course! A framework like bootstrap(better than bootstrap in my oppinon) which has endless possibilities in customizing your website!

2 Likes

I think that C language is the base of other languages such as java, c++ , c# . so there must be the course of c language.

1 Like

I was hoping app would be a little higher!

1 Like

A course in XPath would be really appreciated!

3 Likes

Hi @alexcommunitymgr I wanted to ask you about C++, since C++ is clearly the winner over here, I wanted to ask you when is C++ going to be implemented to CodeCademy as I am willing to learn C++, could you please let me know thank you.

2 Likes