Course Poll

###This topic has been closed
Note that this topic has been closed in favor of an updated version, to be found here.

Are you interested in a course you’re not seeing on with Codecademy Pro? Vote in the poll below. Don’t see your course suggestion in the poll options? Please comment and add it. We read all course requests and factor them in as we decide what to build next.

• C++
  • C#
  • ReactJS
  • App (Iphone/Android )
  • Lua
  • Javascript to interact with sites, not the console
  • Python 3.x
  • Python Django
  • Swift, for building IOS apps
  • JSON
0 voters
36 Likes

Will we ever get a course to learn to code an iPhone app? It would be an awesome course! Thanks!

,¡il1i¡¡i1li¡,.
"1li¡l¡l¡il1" F͙r͙o͙m͙ V͙e͙r͙a͙!

14 Likes

@idriveaferrari Which language do you want to learn? There are two languages you can use to make an iPhone app, Objective-C (old), and Swift (new), but there are also compilers such as PhoneGap, which use HTML/CSS and JavaScript to make iPhone apps.

7 Likes

Swift and Objective C are both down that alley.

–EDIT–

Keep in mind also that you can only program Objective C with an Apple computer, and with a license issued by Apple. It’s expensive.

4 Likes

also R would be a nice course

10 Likes

@alexcommunitymgr Could you also add ReactJS please?

9 Likes

I think we are many to be interested in becoming able to program apps for iOS & Android. Would you kindly make at least a sort of “what do you need for this” (or “what choices do you have”), and then later if not already, post the courses implied by your answer when they are ready ?
I’ve read that Java is a good choice for this, so I’m happy that it’s now online, but I’m not sure whether there are other / better choices, and it seems from what you say that yes there are.
Is PhoneGap also good for Android ? (Edit : Yes it does.)
Also, when you want to design an app using database, what language and / or fonctions will you use to manage it ?
Edit : Maybe my question’s wrongly asked. I’m talking about an app that will connect to each others, but maybe with phones it doesn’t work with database as it does with computer, I don’t know.
Thank you very much !!
And thank you so much for your great work, it is so highly appreciated

Edit : God, is PhoneGap as amazing as it seems ???

4 Likes

There is another free site that teaches R, it’s called DataCamp. I’ve used it before and it is a lot like this site.

9 Likes

@cloudninja95476 Sorry, but I don’t have any experience with native phone apps.
Partly because I think people should focus on webapps more than native apps, but also because I’m not just interested in developing for the current platforms.
I’d be happy to help you as much as I’m able with web related stuff, though :slight_smile:

@alexcommunitymgr Could you please add ReactJS to the list? Thanks!

4 Likes

@zystvan, thank you for your answer :slight_smile: can you develop why your opinion about native apps versus web apps ? i don’t have very clear ideas about this :slight_smile: thank you very much !

4 Likes

oh it made such big smiles ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would love to see a Magento course. Thank you!

6 Likes

@cloudninja95476 Sorry I haven’t responded sooner, I’ve been kind of busy.
The main reason I prefer webapps is that they’re cross-platform - you don’t have to learn a new language or recompile your code for each platform you’re developing for.

If you want to talk more about this, could we create a new topic so we don’t go too off topic here?

4 Likes

@zystvan, no worries - yes i know what you mean, and oh yes sorry you’re right i will open a new thread:)

5 Likes

here now : Coding phone apps

5 Likes

I like the idea of having C++, Interactive JS, and App. I think they’re all awesome, and if they come out, I’ll definitely try them :smiley:.

C++ is one I definitely want to learned though, maybe Basic, and C (I know, I want to learn the old stuff. So sue me).

Anyways, you can also add everything… it’s actually a good idea to :smiley: .

6 Likes

Vote for Python Django

9 Likes

MeteorJS may also be interesting!

8 Likes

A Bootstrap course, I know it is not a language, but I’d find interesting and I think many people too, learning more about this framework.

And maybe a course about scripting.

11 Likes

If you want to learn Bootstrap, first learn HTML. If you already know HTML, just follow their documents and use their premade templates to get started. It’s really not hard at all and isn’t worth a tutorial.

5 Likes