Course Cannot See That I Provided the Requirement

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript/lessons/control-flow/exercises/else-if?action=lesson_resume

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Course asks: “Did you write an else if statement for if the moonPhase is mostly new?” The answer is, “Yes, and it’s printing the right outputs, but I must have something you don’t like because you can’t see it.” :slight_smile:

```

var moonPhase = ‘full’;
moonPhase = ‘mostly new’;
if (moonPhase == ‘full’) {
console.log(‘Howwwwlll!!’);
} else if (moonPhase == ‘mostly full’) {
console.log(‘Arms and legs getting hairier’);
} else if (moonPhase == ‘mostly new’) {
console.log(‘Back on two feet’);
} else {
console.log(‘Invalid moon phase’);
}

Update: I finally told it to “Get Code” and ran it with the code provided by the class, and I get the same error.

Here is the screenshot of it failing with the official correct answer from the course:

Please use the Report Bug interface to notify the development team of this issue. In your report include,

• a copy of the code
  • a link to the exercise
  • your OS
  • the browsers you have tried
2 Likes

Thank you, for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, the guidance I get is that bug reporting is no longer available for the older courses, and it lists Javascript as one of those. That’s why I went to the community in the first place.

Interestingly, though, when I went back to the course yesterday, it actually got past that unit, went to the next stage. It then broke in an almost identical manner.

I think I need to bail on using it until someone has the bandwidth to do an audit of it. Something is a little off kilter.

Thanks, again, for getting back to me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.