Could someone give me the complete code for this exercise?

Could someone give me the complete code for this part of the exercise? I did the following but the spacing isn't right..

<div class="jumbotron">
      <div class="container">
        <div class="row">
          <div class="col-md-12 col-md-offset-2">
            <h2>Browse.</h2>
          </div>
          <div class="col-md-12 col-md-offset-3">
            <h2>Create.</h2>
          </div>
          <div class="col-md-12 col-md-offset-4">
            <h2>Share.</h2>
          </div>

Also, could someone explain to me why it's necessary to use the row/ column class for this instead of simply using h2 and p tags and fix the margin of the three lines?

Offsetting Columns

No. We can't give full working code, that's against the rules.

Please think next time before you post a reply to a topic that's over 3 months old - you just sent a notification to the poster and bumped this to the top of the latest list..

hmm I thought it was better to ask the question in the same thread rather than opening a new thread since my question concerns the same exercise. I apologise for bothering the poster with my question but please explain to me why bumping this up to the top of the latest list is a bad thing? We all work at a different pace here and some people who are just starting out, like me, might have the same question I have.

Not really, next time just create a new topic.

Because the problem that the original poster had has been solved.

Not a bother to me, I agree that it's good to keep the topics together. (I've been guilty of doing the same thing before - didn't realize it was bad form. Now it know too!).

So jibblyj, quick question. When I went through this and similar projects, I wondered the same thing as ppw22. It would be nice at some point to have access to a solution, to see best practices to improve. I completed most of these extra projects, but some of my results were a bit off or not exactly like the examples, and it would be nice to know why (I'm sure there are much cleaner ways to achieve some of the results than what I did). Perhaps it's something you guys can consider?

@jenbanks2 Thanks for the suggestion - it's something we've considered, although I'm not sure what our conclusion was anymore.

The problem is, we could do that with the exercises in courses, but projects are harder because there are so many different possible ways of achieving (more or less) the same result, so putting up solution code for projects would have to be done a little bit differently than for exercises.

I'll see if I can bring this up again later and see what we think about this :slight_smile: Don't count on it getting implemented, though.