Cosine rule program

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yes, now there is. The system closed it once a week had passed. I missed your last post and ony now found it out of curiosity.

Have you come up with some new insights?

Yes, I have been away for a lot of time learning some Python from the website you showed me. Firstly, thanks for re-opening this topic I appreciate. Anyways, I have got used to doing it raw. I know there must be many simple ways of writing out our cosine program more simply but Iā€™ll stick with raw or if you teach me numerous ways. This script is really good. I have used it to help me both with maths and computing and my both teachers are extremely impressed. Maybe not the ā€œcorrectā€ way to do it. But certaintly makes it easier. And yes, I have learnt some new insights but I still donā€™t know how to use it in our program. Some of them are the if function,__init__, class, and the boolean funtion. I have a better understanding of ints and floats. Very useful.

This is shaping up to be more than a Cosine Rule program, since it now involves the Sine Law, as well. Itā€™s now about solving all triangles, in whatever form, so long as we have three pieces of information about it. There is a ways to go, yet, and Iā€™ve held off while you catch up with your studies, both your maths, and your programming.

Work at the exercises and do some in depth reading on all the concepts so they become more familiar and you gain more understanding and confidence. That is what an apt pupil does. Motivate yourself, and nobody else will have to. That is how one really succeeds at anything in life.

Yeah, I really havenā€™t gone further than the cosine and sine rules. I know basic angle laws such as sum of interior angles in any given shape and the basic law of any triangle(e.g angles in a triangle = 180 degrees[imputed as radii in python]. Thatā€™s pretty much all I know. I donā€™t know any further trigonometry beyond this.

Then you have your work cut out. Put projects aside and work on assignments, including the extra exercises that the teacher does not assign. She/he will be glad to check your work for you. I know I would being them. Apt pupilā€¦

Mm ok. I will go and study further trigonometry. Also, may I ask what you mean by [quote=ā€œmtf, post:47, topic:81694ā€]
Apt pupilā€¦
[/quote]

An apt pupil is one who takes responsibility for their own learning and motivation and does not blame the teacher for their own failings. The pupil owns their own mistakes and rectifies them before moving on so they recur less frequently, if ever again. They set goals that exceed what others expect of us, since it is what we expect from ourselves that will determine how hard we are willing to work and how much time we dedicate to learning and mastering new concepts, in any subject.

Oh, I guess your right. Maybe I need to be more of an apt pupil that is the path to success. I will keep that in mind. I blame my self for my mistakes. Even if the subject is hard, its up to me what I write on that paper, not my teacher. In school, however im not doing Python I am doing a simple course called ECDL because my main Computing teacher left the school and that is what I was meant to say.

1 Like

Whatever you do, do not sacrifice study time to learn programming. Work it into your schedule so it uses only your free time. Devote as much time to your school studies as you need to keep yourself in the top 10 percentile. That is a large committment, in itself. Python will wait. Your school studies wonā€™t.

I talk about it as if I know anything about it. Well that is just not true, I donā€™t; but then, none of us really do. Learning is as much an experience as a feeling. I donā€™t know much, but I sure feel as I do. Itā€™s weird, I know.