Construction Web page suggestions

Hi 4 all! I'm a newbie in HTML. I have to make a functional web page as close as possible to the one in the picture.

I would need a few suggestions on how to design this page. I thought to make the index page that includes frames and each frame to include separate sections. Is it okay? Any suggestions?

the website in the image, does it exist? You can just view the source code

This is what web design is all about, you need to design the layout. Use block level elements to position everything

Yes exist, but is private... I can't expose it in the public space... and I need to use only HTML no css, nothing complicated. The code source don't help me too much... I'm a newbie remember! :blush:

Is there a particular reason?

You'll never be able to reproduce this without CSS.

Yes, it is ... my teacher is an old dinosaur :sob: who does not allow students to use CSS, just HTML ... although today no one is using an html editor without a graphical interface.
The site doesn't be 100% functional, just lo look like the one in the image.

If it has to look like the image you posted, I defy your teacher to come up with the same result using only HTML.

Especially when you have no knowledge of HTML at all?

Either he expects the impossible, or he wants you to hack your way around this problem.

Options:

• Learn HTML and code the skeleton of this page. It won't look like the image you posted, but you will have produced this page in HTML. So technically, you did it.
  • View the source code and copy paste the HTML, change a few things and be done with it.
  • Tell him this exercise is ridiculous and get a F on the assignment. I don't recommend that though (I would know...).

I would need a few suggestions on how to design this page. I thought to make the index page that includes frames and each frame to include separate sections. Is it okay? Any suggestions?

Please don't use frames. That's just poor taste. Much like the Backstreet Boys in the 90's.

No just use regular divs. Seriously though, take a look at that source code.

Kekekekeke, don't defy my teacher... you do not know how stubborn he may be ... and I do not even think of defying him ... I do not want to get a bad rating, even if he asks stupid things. In short time I will post what I have done until now... not much and doesn't look like the original... is just an idea... maybe stupid like my teacher... but with a stupid teacher... you have stupid students! :rofl:

Hi again! I did not manage to do a lot, I was busy these days, but to fill in the front page in the first post, I made the page 1.html. I would like to know how I can narrow the area where the links are, because it's too wide. I resized the td height = "20px" but it does not narrow. Any idea?
1.txt (1.3 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.