Compiler error! pls help me with pattern making code

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int rows; int columns; cout << "Pls enter the number of rows for pattern: "; cin >> rows; cout << "Pls enter the number of columns for pattern: "; cin >> columns; for (int i=1; i <= rows; i++) { for (int j=1; j <= columns; j++){ cout << "*"; } cout << endl; } char yn; cout << "Is the program working as intended? (y/n)"; cin >> yn; while (true) { if (yn == 'y' || yn == 'Y') { cout << "Thank You, for your response :)" << endl; } else if (yn == 'n' || yn == 'N') { cout << "We will try to improve ;)" << endl; } return 0; } /* system("pause"); should i write this function at last */ }

At the end of this code the output tab of this terminal shows a message as:- c:/mingw/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/…/…/…/…/mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file pattern.exe: Permission denied
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

terminal shows :-
The term ‘./pattern’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was include
d, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:10

• ./pattern <<<<
    • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (./pattern:String) , CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

when i open this file as an applcation in .exe format (even though i saved it with a a name —> pattern.cpp), it :-
it asks for number of rows and columns but no pattern is made, instead of making a pattern of ‘*’ it staright away asks if the program runs properly. :frowning: