Company Home Page Challenge Project (Css,Flexbox)

Hi Jo, very nice website! It’s very creative and I really like your logo. keep it up :slight_smile: :+1:

Hello Everyone!

This is my work for this project.

Code: GitHub - jig-josh/CompanyHomePage

I am happy to get feedback about my work.
Thank you!

1 Like

Your site is fantastic :grinning: , the parallax effect is really cool

I made a fake music mgmt website with myself and my cat :slight_smile: Code on Github

Here is my project, didn’t put too much effort into it, but seems to work just fine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://wfarat.github.io/codecademy/Build%20Your%20Life/index.html

Here is my version of the Flexbox project. My skills have definitely improved the past couple weeks, and I am genuinely proud of this. I gave myself a time limit, so there are some stuff I did want to spend a bit more time on but I’ll obsess over it too much.

Live Exact Health
Code GitHub - oswhyteknits/exacthealth: Fake Health Insurance company built to practice flexbox

3 Likes

Hi everyone

This is my work on this project - a website of a fictional company.

Here is my project GitHub - morgankooman/Forced-Removals: A website I made to practice flex-box and web design in general for Codecademy

I had a bit of fun making this project and I was happy with the way it looked on different screen sizes. Although I could have spent some more time improving the media queries.

Hi everyone,
Here is my final version of the project, I made it possible to follow all the indications. Live - Vadafone Portfolio

GitHub code GitHub - Costa0910/Company-home-page

Hi Orincy! I like your page! It has a pretty, clean design and it is nice to look at. The only tip of improvement I can think of is maybe increase the font of the menu items on hover instead of increasing the width of the whole box (I think that’s what it is doing) which in turn makes the whole nav bar move a little. Hope this helps x

1 Like

This was a tricky one, definitely had to do a lot of extra reading and youtube videos were also helpful. It’s not perfect and one I’ll definitely come back to and see how I can improve…

Live view: https://matty-b1.github.io/HomePage2/

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Wow , all of the projects here look so professional!

What I’ve tried to do is to stick with the basic requirements to get better understanding of flexbox. I’m feeling soo tempted to try to make it look better but I guess I should resist the urge to get it to “perfection” .

Anyway, as always I’d be glad and grateful to hear some of your comments!

* code
* live site

Cheers!

Agustín

4 Likes

Thank you for responding. On the hover it’s the font size that’s been altered, and I really did notice something funky. the entire nav bar shifts a little right? idk At some point I have to figure out how to fix that.

Beautiful design! I much much more prefer your design over the actual website :sweat_smile:

Hi everyone,

I quite enjoyed this project, I basically copied the ASOS landing page, making some of it my own. Maybe I should have strayed a little more from their design. My CSS is a little untidy :sweat_smile: Feel free to leave any critiques.

Code: GitHub - AidanKLee/myAsosHomepage: Creating a homepage for an online shop.
Landing Page: ASOS Fashion - Womens | Mens Clothes Shop - Home Page

Thanks,

Aidan.

5 Likes

Wow,
It looks fascinating. Can say nothing about untidiness, but the final result is really great.

Would like to notice the way you have done the navigation bar and how it responds to view size.
Will take a deep look at your code to pull smth. new for me)

Hello! I finally got my project on github after a lot of stress haha! I accidentally even deleted my project (and half of my laptop) while trying to understand an issue with my git stuff but it’s all figured out.

For my project I created a logo, and made up a store called “Plant Mama” (maybe a dream of mine), and here it is!

The Site (hosted on Github Pages): Plant Mama
The Code: GitHub - lolaida/PlantMama: Codecademy site project

Please let me know what you think about it!

7 Likes

This looks so good. I would also resist the urge just a bit (I definitely did with mine), just cause there’s so much more to learn! But this honestly looks so good! My only critique is maybe having made all the images under “Products and Services” the same size.

1 Like

Hello Lola!

Thank you very much for your feedback! You’re right about the pictures, there’s many other things that I felt the itch to improve but on, as you said, there’s so much to learn!

I looked at your project, congratulations! It’s a beauty!

Some of the things I noticed, and that I feel I can learn from are:

• Your logo, I loved it! You’ve obviously have a good eye for design! Did you do it with Ilustrator?
  • Your simple yet charming and honest README in GitHub. I guess that would make you stand out if a recruiter was looking at your GitHub projects
  • The overall pleasant look of your site
  • The tidiness of your code!

If I may offer some feedback on things that would improve your project:
-A bigger font-size for the mobile view could improve readability
-Inserting comments in your html or css to facilitate distinguishing the different sections would improve code-readability

That’s it! Congratulations, your project looks amazing!

Cheers,

Agustín.

1 Like

Hello Aidan,

Wow, it is a beautiful and inspiring project, congratulations!

I’m sorry I don’t have any suggestions for improvement but I am curious about your design process:
-Did you wireframe it first using other sites as inspiration?
-How did you go about programming the responsiveness into it? Did you code it by starting from mobile view and working towards desktop view or the other way around?

Thank you for sharing your project, I’m already learning a quite a few things just by looking at it :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Agustín.

Hi Agustin,
Thanks so much. You’re much better at these comments than I am haha.
I actually made the logo pretty easily with Canva! I definitely recommend it for like… everything creative ever if you’re a creative soul lol. Illustrator would have been a little too much work considering it not being a graphic design project lol.

Thank you for the feedback! I honestly often forget the comments stuff and definitely did not fully optimize the site for mobile viewing. To be honest, I’m quite sure I finished the project and was like “that’s it for me forever on this one” lol.

Hope you have a wonderful day/night/whatever depending on your time zone!
Lola

1 Like